Thursday, May 7, 2015

Postive #1: Helping the Injured

I wanted to kind of categorize my blogs into a "positives and negatives of Wartburg Security" and how it helps with campus safety. I feel like my blogs will be a perfect time to do this, considering doing this in a sidebar story or a main story would be way too biased and opinionated, and in a blog I can actually share my opinion.

My first one is going to be a positive of Wartburg Security. If you have an injury that would prevent you from getting to class in a timely manner, they will actually pick you up in their golf cart and take you to class.

One of the guys on the soccer team broke his leg last fall in a game (actually had to go to the hospital to get surgery), and utilized this service of security for a couple of months. A couple weeks ago I heard him bashing on Security for never doing anything but writing parking tickets and never helping the students.

I couldn't believe his disrespect! Take a guy who was carted around for two months to and from class and now he's talking ill of them. Completely ungrateful. I had to remind him that they did, in fact, drive him to and from class every day, and he said, "Oh yeah, Boyke, I forgot about that. That was pretty cool."

People just don't understand how much of a luxury this is, and that other colleges probably don't have it. Our security office cares about us as students. They would rather drive you to class and make sure you got there safely than for you to try to walk there when you aren't physically able and get yourself more hurt. They care about our safety and will do anything to ensure we feel as safe as possible as students.

No comments:

Post a Comment